- Am I affected by the "Muslim ban"?
- What should I do if I know someone who is detained at an airport?
- One of my family was supposed to settle in the U.S. as a refugee- what now?
African Communities Together will address these and other questions about President Trump's immigration executive orders on an emergency informational call for African communities.
We will be joined by a panel of legal experts from:
- American Civil Liberties Union
- International Refugee Assistance Project
- National Immigration Law Center
- Urban Justice Center
We will share updates on upcoming actions and next steps to fight back against the orders, and tips for community members to protect themselves.
Leaders of organizations serving African communities-- including churches, mosques, associations, and service providers- are especially encouraged to participate, as are members of the Somali, Sudanese, and Libyan communities.
This call will be conducted in English. Depending on demand, future calls may be conducted in French or African languages.