African Communities Together is an organization of immigrants from Africa and their families with offices in New York City and Washington, D.C. ACT empowers African immigrants through community organizing, direct services, and policy advocacy. We are seeking a full-time Operations Manager in our NY office to coordinate administrative operations for our small but rapidly-growing organization.
• Manage purchasing, rental, and contracting of services, supplies, equipment, and program space. Work closely with Executive Director to identify, select, and contract with vendors.
• Prepare and submit bills, invoices, and reimbursement requests for payment by ACT’s contract Bookkeeper (accounts payable).
• Prepare and submit invoices and reimbursement requests for payment to ACT (accounts receivable).
• Track expenses and maintain financial filing systems.
• Work with the Executive Director and contract Bookkeeper to develop financial projections, budgets, and reports.
• Manage human resources, including new employee on-boarding and benefits enrollment.
• Support operations of the Board of Directors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Fluency and excellent communications skills in English required. Fluency in French or a widely-spoken African language is desirable.
• 3-5 years minimum experience in a professional office environment.
• Highly organized and meticulous, with an exceptional attention to detail.
• Proficiency with office technology, including MS Word, Excel, Quickbooks, Gmail, and database/CRM software, as well as management of online accounts.
• Experience with financial management, including budgeting, financial projections, and cash handling. Professional certification in a relevant field, such as accounting or business administration, is highly desirable. Experience with nonprofits/tax-exempt organizations is a plus.
• Experience creating and maintaining complex organizational filing systems.
• Experience with vendor management or human resources management.
• Work authorization required. Because of the sensitive and financially responsible nature of the position, finalists will be required to undergo a background check and credit check before hiring.
Please send resume and brief statement of interest to email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to apply by August 24, 2017, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please no telephone or drop-in inquiries.